So after the success of getting the PCB working, the final thing to do was to get this thing put together. Gave the monitor a clean up and dropped that in, after securing the main PCB and Sound board into the machine:
A small detail was adding credits. There’s no “Freeplay” switch on these old cabs, so I had to improvise. Anyway, there is a small hole next to the coin plate in the main body, so I found a tiny push button switch that fitted without hacking the cab, and wired up to the coin up socket on the board. Hey presto – nice neat solution:
Once that was done, I went for it, and in a flurry of activity, I cleaned up the top, and secured it to the hinges on the base. Printed off the instruction sheets and stuck those down. Regarding the glass top – the old one was full of scratches and was in really rough shape. Got a cash quote from a local glass supplier, and secured a new toughened glass sheet, cut to the correct size.
Got the new glass on, clips secured with new screws. Final tidy of everything and switched on.
There was one more piece of artwork which I got vectorized, and added this also. Here’s the final cab all finished:
Here’s what we started with:
And the finished product:
These are nice cabs to work with – with minimal effort, you can get some really satisfying results as you can see.
(Footnote – if anyone wants copies of the hi-res artwork I got done, just drop me a line via my ‘about page’ and I’ll gladly share the files with you.)
Thanks for reading. More restorations to come.